The Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities (ISSN 0975-2935) derives its name from ‘rup’ (form) and ‘katha’ (words), which, when combined, mean ‘myth’ in Bengali. The journal gets its inspiration from the etymology and goes by the principle that anything which has a form, visual or mental, can come under focus.
Rupkatha was founded as a non-profit non-commercial open access initiative in India in 2008 by Tirtha Prasad Mukhopadhyay and Tarun Tapas Mukherjee. While Prof. Mukhopadhyay looked after the scholarly aspects, Prof. Mukherjee took care of the digital technological aspects of server configuration, hosting, web designing and journal management. The journal has a long history of technological experiments and innovations and standardization.
Open Access Statement
The journal continues to support and spread awareness about OA in India and abroad. We have firm conviction in Open Access philosophy and strongly support Open Access Initiatives. Rupkatha has signed on to the Budapest Open access Initiative. In conformity with this, the content of publications is primarily guided by the open nature of knowledge, and the journal is free to access from any corner of the world.
The journal allows readers to freely read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and to use them for any other lawful purpose. The articles and book reviews and other published items are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Why Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities?
“The fundamental idea for interdisciplinarity derives” as our Chief Editor Explains, “from an evolutionary necessity; namely the need to confront and interpret complex systems…An entity that is studied can no longer be analyzed in terms of an object of just single discipline, but as a contending hierarchy of components which could be studied under the rubric of multiple or variable branches of knowledge.” Following this, we encourage authors to engage themselves in interdisciplinary discussion of topics from the broad areas listed below and apply interdsiciplinary perspectives from other areas of the humanities and/or the sciences wherever applicable. We discourage submission with singular perspective and without scholarly values. Authors must be first sure of high value of their papers in the international standards and then submit their papers.
Areas of Discussion
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Literature and Arts
- Digital Humanities: Arts, Literature and the Digital Media
- Cultural Studies
- Emerging Critical Theories involving Interdisciplinary Studies
- Performance Studies
- Gender Studies: critical discussion, case study, survey.
- Aesthetic Studies: critical discussion, casestudy, computational analysis
- Astro-aesthetics, Architecture and Astronomy, Archaeoastronomy.
- Environmental Studies and the theories of Evolution
- Animal Studies: Ethics, Aesthetics, Sports, Civilization and Biodiversity
- Visual Arts [Moved to Chitrolekha Journal on Art and Design]
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to English Language Teaching and Education
- Megalith & Rock Art Studies [Moved to Chitrolekha Journal on Art and Design]
- Molecular Aesthetics [Moved to Chitrolekha Journal on Art and Design]
- Quarterly Regular Issues: March, June, September, December.
- Special Issues: Besides the regular issues, themed issues are published on demand from institutions, departments, societies and individuals. Read Guidelines for Special Issues. For Special Issue proposal, contact us at email@example.com.
All the materials submitted with Rupkatha go through Double Blind Peer Review Process and suitable writings are recommended by the reviewers.
Submission can be made any point of time for General Issues. Special Calls are advertised for Special Issues with a time-limit. Authors need to have patience for long process of peer review, recommendations and publications.
Call for Papers
Calls for publications are advertised on the international CFP sites for scholars from all over the world. The CFP can be posted, reposted, forwarded and advertised by anybody on any form of the media. For getting CFPs automatically at your mail box, subscribe with us for free here. Contact us for submission of articles at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read detailed guidelines or Download the guidelines